Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

I Love You, Spiderman


Yesterday morning, when Mike emerged from the bedroom wearing a fitted red jacket, Avery exclaimed, "You look like Spiderman!!"

He did, in fact, look like Spiderman. 

She was very excited. Mike and I looked at each other because we had no idea she was remotely aware of Spiderman. She has a kickball with his picture. I recently bought some Tonka Trucks for Nathan with the Marvel Comics logos. She asked me about each one. After I described all the heros, she expressed that she liked the blue truck best. Still, I don't know where she's actually seen a picture of the fully suited Spiderman.

Her knowledge base is quickly growing. She is aware of far more than I credit to her. I know that Spiderman is a silly example, but we are constantly impressed by things she thinks and says. 

Perhaps the sweetest thing she said yesterday came as Mike buckled her into the Jeep after church.

She looked at him adoringly and said, "I love you, Spiderman."

Has your child said something that impressed or surprised you lately?

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, as they grow older they are exposed to more things without your knowledge. School, friends, tv ... we are just trying to keep communication open to discuss what they see & be constantly aware of what I hear them spitting back out so we can address things as needed.

    ReplyDelete