Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Oh, Mornings - The Variance

Nathan Awake Attack
Nate is the only morning person in our house. Poor soul. He's happy. He squeals with joy. Sometimes we have to take him onto the back porch so he doesn't wake the rest of the house.

Mike's brain functions at it's greatest capacity early in the morning, but his social skills are at their lowest. He gets into work around 6:15, but doesn't answer his phone before 8. It's a rule.

Neither my brain, nor my social skills are functioning in the morning. Nate's morning delight works quite well for me though. I can loathe the early morning hour privately on the coach as he plays.

My dear, dear Avery requires a full 30 minutes of wake time before any purposeful discussion can take place. I have to ask her questions that require only one word answers. Fortunately, Little Einsteins tends to snap her out of her funk as she pats her lap to make Rocket go faster - prestissimo!

I pray that God brings her a husband who is not a morning person. For his own sake.

What are mornings like in your house?

4 comments:

  1. We are all morning people. Including aubrey. She is up no matter what at 6 every morn. This is starting to be a problem now that I am working until 12 or 2 am. But it is nice to have such a happy baby to wake up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can absolutely see you all as morning, sunshine people ;-) So, true about Aubrey being a morning person. It would be much harder to get up after a couple hours of sleep to a grumpy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca - for some reason your comment isn't showing up here . . . I can absolutely see you all as morning, sunshine people ;-) So, true about Aubrey being a morning person. It would be much harder to get up after a couple hours of sleep to a grumpy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far we're all morning people.

    ReplyDelete