Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sacred Conversations

While reading some Bible stories tonight, Avery and I had some amazing conversations. They went something like this:

Avery: "Wait, wait, wait. Does God or Jesus live in my heart?"
Me: "Hmm, that's a good question. I guess they both do."
Avery: Thinking, "How?"
Me: "Well, Jesus and God are so special, they can both be there."
Avery: "Like magic."
Me: "Magic isn't real. But God is very real and He can do whatever and be wherever He wants."

Avery, awed and satisfied, moves on to our Esther storybook.

Me: "God asked Esther to make her brave. You can ask God to make you brave too."
Avery: "Yep, I can just pull down my shirt and ask Him."
Me: Trying so hard not to laugh at my literal child, "Actually, you can just say it out loud, like a prayer. God lives everywhere, so He'll hear you."
Avery: Nodding, wide eyed and cautiously, "Just like I do when I'm afraid of the dark."
Me: "Yep, just like that. You can ask Him anything."


I love where she's at right now. Her literal understanding of all things. Her endless supply of inquires. Her willingness to hug and kiss her brother, even when he pushes her away. It makes me smile every time. I wonder if that's how God feels when He loves on us. I don't care if you like it, I'm gonna hug you anyways. Ha!

I hope your children have blessed you this week. That time with Avery was a special way for me to start my weekend!


How have your children blessed you lately?
Have they done anything that personified God for you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment