Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

5 Years old!

My Dearest Avery,

How has it been FIVE years since you've been born?!? You have changed Dad's and my life in such amazing ways! We are so grateful that God gave you to us :-)

One thing that I'm the most amazed about you is your willingness to try new things. You are always appropriately cautious, but too intrigued not to try. While you may require some assistance, you overcome your worries and give it a go. This willingness has made you a great swimmer, diving to the bottom of the pool and swimming the length of the pool while Mom pretends not to worry. You've proudly climbed to the top of the highest playground structures. You braved your way through six stitches. You want to go camping and ride horses and I can't wait to see what new things you want to try next!

You are an advocate. I cannot decide if it's due to compassion or a need for fairness, but you speak up for others often. You make sure big kids are treating little kids nicely. You stick up for your brother when he can't defend himself. You make sure adults know when other kids are sad or need help. You speak confidently in these situations and I'm always beyond impressed.

You love your brother and dad very much. You love being with Nathan so when he wants to play alone, your feelings get hurt. You cry and worry when he's injured or sick. If we buy something for you in the store, you insist on buying one for Nathan too. Dad is a special person in your life. When he goes out of town, you cry and tell me everyday, about a hundred times, how much you miss him. You remember everything he tells you about the desert, animals, bugs, insects, etc. You're always teaching me new things because dad teaches you so much!

Finally, you have a love for Jesus that is beyond pure. You continue to amaze your father and me with your prayers and genuine interest in His story. You talk to Him like you really know Him. I cannot wait to see how your love for Him manifests into a life purpose. I'm sure He has amazing things in store for you.


Avery, you have taught me so much about God's love. You've caused me to grow in ways that only a daughter can :-) I can't wait to see what this next year brings us!

Much love,

Mom <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment